When you want to create your own customized heat transfer shirts there are a few things that you will need to know to ensure that you do it properly and get the best results possible. If you follow the directions correctly you will have a beautiful piece of artwork that you can enjoy for years to come.
Steps to Doing a Heat Pressed Shirt
1. Choose a Heat Transfer Manufacturer
– the first thing you will need to do is choose who you are going to buy your transfers from. Look for someone who has been in the business for a long time and has a lot of experience creating fantastic transfers. They should be able to answer all of your questions and provide exceptional service.
2. What Will You Decorate
-the first thing you will need to do is decide what type of article you want to put your design on. It would be a t shirt, sweatshirt, tote bag or something else. Just be sure that the fabric is either 100% cotton or a 50/50 cotton polyester blend to ensure that you get the best transfer.
3. Choose Your Artwork
– with so many options to choose from the hardest part of this whole process could very well be deciding which design you want on your shirt. You can custom create your very own design or artwork or you can choose from the many options that your heat transfer manufacturer has. Regardless of what you want on your shirt is can be made or created to your satisfaction.
4. Pick Your Colors
– after you have decided on your design you will need to decide what colors you want to use. When choosing colors it is important to keep the color of the item you are putting the heat transfer in mind. If you are using a white colored shirt you can use any color you want, except for white, and it will come out looking good. If you are using a darker color fabric then you will want to think carefully about which color will stand out the most in your design.
5. Follow the Directions Exactly
– you will be given instructions for how to properly apply your heat transfer. Make sure you follow them exactly to ensure a good finish. Your garment should be clean and pressed. Make sure you use the correct heat settings and take the print off at the appropriate time.apply your heat transfer