What does “OUTPUT READY” mean? “OUTPUT READY” is a term used in the printing industry meaning that the art file/s sent is from a technical standpoint, READY TO PRINT. When received, “OUTPUT READY” one color or multi-color art files should not require any changes or corrections on our part. Here are our guidelines for submitting usable “OUTPUT READY” one color or multi-color art files for screen printing plastisol heat transfers. PREFERRED: VECTOR ART that has been created in Adobe Illustrator-Creative Cloud or older or CorelDraw Version X6 or older (We cannot except files from other vector based programs).
- Art created in Adobe Illustrator must be saved as AI, EPS, PDF, or SVG file format.
- Art created in CorelDraw must be save as a CDR file.
- Vector Resolution: N/A (Vector Art is Resolution Independent).
- All fonts must be converted to curves/outlines.
- Reference-please include JPEG/s of your design/s for reference use (only).
- Label each layer color. Select your design color/s from our online color chart or from the PMS Pantone Solid Coated Library. (Our PMS Color Matching Charge Is $15.00 Per Color).
ACCEPTABLE FOR QUOTING PURPOSES (ONLY) – NOT “OUTPUT READY” Adobe Photoshop-Creative Cloud or older
- Art created in Adobe Photoshop must be saved as a PSD or TIF/TIFF file.
- Multi-color PSD, TIF/TIFF are acceptable but are not “OUTPUT READY” and will incur a charge to generate “OUTPUT READY” art. (OUR MINIMUM ART CHARGE IS $30.00).
- Photoshop art must be saved at your designs largest/final print size and at 300 DPI.
- Photoshop color mode is RGB * Greyscale images are acceptable for recreating/generating one color heat transfer art (MINIMUM ART CHARGE APPLIES)
- Do Not Flatten Photoshop files – In order for us to use your Photoshop files all layers must be intact/retained (Channel Separated/Spot Channel files are preferred for generating spot color heat transfer art).
NON-ACCEPTABLE: POPULAR IMAGE FILE FORMATS THE ARE VIEWABLE BUT ARE NOT “OUTPUT READY”: BMP, DOCX, GIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG, PPS, PPT, QUARK, WMF and XLS. *One color GIF, JPG, JPEG and PNG files may be usable for one color heat transfer art recreation if the file is sent at the designs largest/final print size, at 300 DPI. If your file does not meet our specifications it can however be used for Visual Reference (only). Most Images taken for a website or the internet are low resolution files that cannot be accepted as “OUTPUT READY”. Web images require art preparation to make them usable (art charges apply). Art that is created in Microsoft Office and/or Word, Power Point, Excel, Microsoft Publisher, Docx, PPS, PPT, WMF, WPS Word Perfect and XLS are never usable and will not be accepted. ACCEPTABLE TRANSPORT MEDIA: DVDS, CDS, Media Drives, Hard Copy (hard copy must be suitable for scanning). Our maximum scannable image is 11 inches x 17 inches. Files under 20MB may be emailed. Files over 20MB should be uploaded to a DROPBOX or a file upload service of your choice. Create a link to your files or folder. Email the link to your Gulfside Heat Transfer Sales Representative. TURNAROUND TIMES: Usable Customer Supplied “OUTPUT READY” Art Files for one and two color custom heat transfers will normally print and ship within (3-5) working days of receipt. Usable Customer Supplied Art Files for three, four, five and six color custom heat transfers will normally print and ship within (5-7) working days of receipt.
If you have questions about heat transfers we’ve got your answers! Please contact our Sales Department at: (727) 261-9000 or Email Us
Thank You For Choosing Gulfside Heat Transfers!